Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

new babies

Everyone is having a baby right now and I have been looking all over Etsy for great ideas for baby gifts. I must say, there are tons. I love this pair of baby ugg type boots in lavender from Funkyshapes at Etsy,



And these baby hats just kill me, they are so cute from For Stitches Sake.http://www.etsy.com/listing/90222690/on-sale-twin-set-lil-teddy-bear-ears?ref=sr__&sref=&ga_search_query=&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_listing_id=90222690&ga_async=1&ga_method=listing&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=handmade

I bought a pattern to make the baby kimono shoes , http://www.etsy.com/listing/90769922/cotton-kimono-baby-booties-baby-shoes?ref=sr__&sref=&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_listing_id=90769922&ga_async=1&ga_method=listing&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=handmade
I have got to find a source for affordable Japanese fabrics that I can buy first before I make these up. It has to be the authentic fabric. I just paid fifteen dollars a meter for some with owls and pandas but that is just way too much.

We have been selling some cute appliqued bibs in Sew4Munchkins, our children's shop. http://www.etsy.com/listing/85643748/star-baby-bib-for-boys-or-girls-brown
We just hit 100 sales this past week and the shop is almost 3 months old now. I love doing the shops with Audrey and Barrett. We work hard to get the photos and listings done weekly. Its so much work but rewarding.

I am hoping for more feedback on potential ideas for new blog posts besides writing about my students. Also, don't forget to fan us on Facebook at Jewels4Thought and Sew4Munchkins fan pages. We are hosting a give away each month.

1 comment: