Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Students, more fun for me♥

We are on our third week of lessons with two darling tween girls and having so much fun. I really look forward to seeing them each week. We started on paper at the first lesson and they both went zipping along. We jumped right into the tote bags and got finished half way the first week. I was so proud.

Now to make me laugh a bit, this past Saturday being also my 50th Birthday, everyone was running late. One girls machine was missing the foot and add to that my son's both being at home and baby Hayden arriving halfway through for birthday lunch and we had kind of a circus going on in the front room. Than one of the mommy's hung out and it made both girls a bit silly and they were making mistakes they never make from the past few weeks. She is the most laid back mom too. I loved that she was hanging out and chatting with my daughter about High School classes,etc...


Meanwhile, we had some interesting errors on the tote bags. Both girls learned about a seam ripper at this lesson.


The importance of ironing your projects is always one of my first lessons. The girls loved choosing a trim for their bags. It was interesting to me that both girls picked blue fabrics. None of my current female students like pink! Not that I am complaining one bit since I love blue myself.


I just adore how sweet their tiny hands look as they work on the sewing machines. Both these young ladies are very talented already.



We finally got done and I am so glad because I don't want them to lose their enthusiasm for sewing and crafting. I had feared the arts would be lost to this next generation as so few sew anymore.





Our next project is going to be Up-Cycled Aprons and this week the girls will be combing Thrift stores or mom's close for something that they can use in the next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment