Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We are the Featured Sellers today in our favorite Etsy Team!!


We are so excited about many changes in our Etsy shops. First we changed our name from the main shop, Sew4Thought to Jewels4Thought because we are mostly selling jewelry. Our sewn items will be in the children's shop, Sew4Munchkins on Etsy and a new shop, yet to be named.

I just got a pile of scrap socks from Little Bunny tutus and started creating some fun Valentines Arm Warmers.
Along with a striped turtle neck from Goodwill, I was ready to get sewing on the arm warmers. Since each pair has multiple colors and patterns, you can use pretty small scraps. Most of what she sends me are just the feet she cut off to make her baby leg warmers. I was lucky and just paid her for the postage.



I cut off pieces between 4 to 6" long. I use either two or three depending on the length. Audrey likes them to be about 15" and most adults buying on etsy prefer the longer length but with younger tweens or people who just want fingerless gloves, shorter is fine.

The super stretchy striped turtleneck worked out perfectly. I cut a piece that was six inches long by 6 inches wide. I folded it and serged it up so it matched up with the socks scrap and it is easy to serge the two pieces together into one long tube. Some ribbing added to the top keeps it secure as well as at the bottom by the thumb hole.



The results are selling well on Etsy and so much fun.
Audrey and Lauren did a modeling session for me with their long pretty arms.

1 comment: