Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A few more photos of Destroyed or Damaged Denim

I am about to go head to the thrift stores to find some more jeans to destroy!!! Audrey said everyone at school was crazy about her shorts yesterday. Here are a few more photos from some items in our etsy shop.

This one I later decided to add a yellow mustard colored rinse to it and it looks even better. My kids said the tree limb on the back side was strange. I liked it.


It was a bit tricky to sew the leaf shapes but turned out fine, just took some patience. And after I washed it, they all held up really great.
The other one is a younger girls skirt, a little more fun with the stars and stuff.
Jess has requested a Celtic Knot theme on a pair of her jeans so I am trying to figure that one out.



Next I will be trying to dye some ballet slippers and dying or at least painting on chinese mary jane shoes. I have already listed two pairs of sneakers on etsy that I painted a bit on with Jaquard fabric paints and some paint pens. The purple pair I did dye with RIT dye first. I am not sure how the chinese shoes will turn out.


Another really fun project is to DIY decorate a jeans jacket. I love putting in some grommets to make it lace up as well as adding some silk ribbon embroidery and a few patches. Audrey wanted me to do a kind of Fall colored one and she drew the little fox with fabric paints onto cloth for the patch on the front of this jacket.
We saw these One of Kind Jackets at a boutique in Haight Ashbury up in the City selling for over a $100 each at least so maybe some day someone on Etsy will take a fancy to have one.





Etsy Lush


I used regular copper grommets across the back but the special flower shaped ones that I found at Michael's around the waistband. This is the jacket that got a feature on Etsylush. The trick with the grommets is to use Fray Check around the hole BEFORE you pound the eyelet in and again after.It really helps it stay in place.

Hope you enjoy these ideas and destroy some denim of your own soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment