Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More blogging mom's! I am so excited.

Today I got another email about a mum who blogs!

She has a huge list of upcycled projects and is leaps and bounds a head of me.


I added my listing another linky party. I guess you can sponsor your own but I can hardly figure out how to join these blogs or add my own post let alone create a party.
Yesterday found me a little fed up on Etsy. I had listed several items for a $1 but the rule was that the person had to like us on Facebook, join the blog and leave a comment on the blog for the give away. It totally failed!! The person who bought it doesn't have a FB and did not know what twitter was or anything and I felt really depressed about it. I just want to get some other people to read my blog, look at our shop,etc...I see things selling like crazy on etsy that have no creativity involved. I mean really, how does someone sell thousands of clip art images glued to a tile pendant? Yet Audrey just had her first sale of one of her art pendants with her original water colour artwork enclosed in a glass dome. ????

Before I went to work at the library in 2003, I spent hours working on sewing for the craft shows. I did American Girl doll clothes at that time with little jewelry in miniature and all the cute shoes. I did pretty well for about five years but as a busy mother with four children, it was so much work. I wish Etsy had been around at that time!! Going to work full time made all that sewing impossible. Now I am almost 50 and finding it hard to get that energy going!! I need some inspiration.

These link parties are getting me excited and I have found several blogs with really great ideas on them too.

Jess will be over today for more fun and sewing. She wore her finished skirt to school last week. I will get a photo.
Audrey created a River Otter card for our shop on esty.

No comments:

Post a Comment